The impact of physical injuries due to accidents can result in prolonged mental trauma, from which the process of recovery may take long time. During this period the victim might undergo delirium and shock frequently. Truck accidents, slip and fall from the stairs, workplace accidents and side effects from medical malpractice and serious injuries from other types of accident can have traumatic effects on the victim.
Cumulative Effects of Trauma
The lawyers at Parker Waichman office have the expertise in dealing with trauma cases effectively. They not only provide legal services in filing lawsuits against the liable persons and organizations, they also provide assistance in finding the best of medical care for the trauma affected victims. According to the experts from this office, the negative effects of trauma can be deep and long lasting.
- Many of the critical truck accidents resulting in brain injuries can lead to pathological cases of mental disorders. The patient will be subject to prolonged neurotic effects which may make him unfit for work. In some serious cases he may have to depend on lifelong clinical support due to disability or psychological problems.
- Medical malpractice incidents during and after pregnancy can lead to severe stressful conditions for the mother and the baby. The negative side effects from wrong diagnosis could lead to wrong medication and treatment. The extra sensitivity of the internal organs during this time can make the mother susceptible to internal injuries, resulting in psychological trauma.
- Food poisoning injuries could lead to severe internal bleeding from liver, kidney failure and other serious disorders of the nervous system. If the food substances are affected by dangerous chemicals, it can lead to slow poisoning, leading the internal brain damages. This often leads to psychological trauma from which the patient may not be able to come out for a prolonged duration.
- When the worker is recovering from a serious injury, the events happening at the workplace can lead to severe stressful conditions. For example consider the case where the supervisor in a manufacturing industry has suffered a disability due to workplace accident. When he is in the recovery period, the management may decide to “retire” him from the job. The reason provided by the management could be that he may not be able to perform his designated tasks as effectively as before. However this action could have a devastating effect on the psychological state of the worker. He may take a prolonged period of time to come out of the stress.
- When people lose their eyesight or hearing ability due to the after effects of an accident, the volume of psychological trauma suffered by them can be disastrous. Some even go to the extent of losing their mental stability in the long run.
The personal injury lawyer may try his best to get the maximum compensations and the additional benefits by filing the lawsuit and getting the most effective evidences. However the family, friends and community to which the person returns after recovery play an important role in speeding his physical and psychological recovery.